- This event has passed.
Register for a Flu Shot Webinar with BC Care Providers and Safe Care BC
October 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Stay Sharp: Free webinar brings flu awareness to frontline workers
BC Care Providers Association and SafeCare BC are hosting a free webinar for healthcare workers in long-term care, assisted living, and faith-based care on this year’s influenza vaccines in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will discuss:
- What is influenza and how does it differ from COVID-19?
- Why are seniors at an increased risk for illness and dying related to influenza?
- How can we best prevent the flu both in a healthcare setting and at home?
- What do you need to know about the flu in the context of COVID-19?
- Do flu vaccines work and are they safe?
- What is the role of health care workers when it comes to influenza prevention?
About the presenter
Andrea Derban, RN, is an Immunization Promotion Nurse with ImmunizeBC. Starting out as a Public Health Nurse in 1991, Andrea soon gravitated to immunization as her area of interest and expertise. In 2003, Andrea became B.C.’s first Vaccine Educator at the BC Centre for Disease Control where she supported immunization programming around the province for both the public and a variety of health care professionals.
The webinar is targeted towards healthcare workers but is open to all.
Visit BCCPA’s website to access free webinars on various topics relevant to the seniors’ living and wellness sector, including those from the 2020 Annual Conference.